I suggest you ...

Add moving average to chart

Hello , you chart is better than the stupid Public mutual chart.

I have another suggestion , could you please provide the moving average price eg : moving average by 100days , 200days , 300 days.

Thank you.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Asia G. Soros shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminFelix Leong (Admin, Public Mutual Tracker) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback. :) Am working on other projects at the moment, so I don’t think I’ll be working on it for the time being. (since I’ve yet to account for the price drops every time a dividend is paid out)

Will look into it once I got time for it :).

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminFelix Leong (Admin, Public Mutual Tracker) commented  · 

Anonymous: Well, it's not that hard to do actually – pretty much just a HTML scraper and Python + Django to develop the web frontend part. Nothing fancy.

If you want to chat up, feel free to just ping me felixleong [at] gmail [dot] com.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi, I am interested to understand how to develop this pet (mutual tracker)?
        can we talk more through email?
        Thanks

@CC: Technically there's no free products in the market that shows real time product, other than the e-brokerage tools that's provided by your stock broker (say, HLeBroking). Most web services usually provides prices with a 15 minute delay and charting based on EOD data. (Y!Finance, Google Finance)

[* in the case of unit trusts, all you get is EOD NAV two days late anyway]

MutualTracker has always been a personal pet project of mine and I'm not profiting from it. I do have a day job but it's totally not related to the financial industry :p. You can contact me via email at felixleong [at] gmail [dot] com.

… and since I don't work for ChartNexus nor I attempt to reverse-engineer their stuff, I've no idea about how it works internally ^-^||.

• CC commented  · 

do you know chartnexus run by what system ?

• CC commented  · 

those charts must able to let me some drawing as well .

• CC commented  · 

Felix , i looking for those more proper charts not as shown in bloomberg.
        may i know also how do i get charts for Malaysia products ? those i can see realtime movements ...
        how do i contact you anyway , do you have a office ?

@CC:
        Click into the fund itself would show you a price chart, like this:
        http://mutualtracker.com/funds/view/1

@All:
        Due to the fact that I'm freezing development on Mutual Tracker until further notice, I don't think I'll be implementing the feature yet. Currently the next best alternative is to use Bloomberg's chart with the Bollinger Bands overlay – which gives you a 20-day MA.

Sample link to Public Ittikal is as follows:
        http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/KLITTFI:MK/chart

• CC commented  · 

Felix , how do i get the charts in a 1st place ?
        Can i have something like indicators set up over the charts ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base